Commonwealth Scholarships in UK Universities 2023 are open to applicants from across the globe who wish to study at universities in the United Kingdom. The scholarships are awarded annually to students from countries within the Commonwealth. There are currently over 40 Commonwealth Scholarship schemes (CSS) available in the UK. These include scholarships for postgraduate and doctoral studies. It is a merit-based scholarship program where applicants apply directly to universities in the UK. Students who qualify for the scholarship receive a full tuition fee waiver and living expenses for their entire stay.
The UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office has funded these scholarships. Every year, some 800 students are granted the opportunity to pursue postgraduate degrees at UK universities as part of the UK’s continuous commitment to the Commonwealth. If you are unable to pay for your education in the UK on your own, a Commonwealth Scholarship may be the best option for you. Below are the details regarding Commonwealth Scholarships at UK Universities.
More details about Commonwealth Scholarships in UK Universities 2023
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Degree: Masters, PhD
What type of awards are available?
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission offers:
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for least developed countries and fragile states)
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships (for low and middle-income countries)
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships (for high income countries)
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
Benefits of Commonwealth Scholarships in UK Universities 2023
For students who apply for Commonwealth Scholarships in 2023, the UK government will pay the following costs:
You will benefit from having a Commonwealth Scholarship in the following ways:
- Round Airfare with Approval Tickets for your return flight from your home country to the UK after your award has ended.
- Complete tuition fees approved.
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Where appropriate, a warm clothing allowance
- Thesis grant to cover costs associated with writing a thesis or dissertation, as appropriate.
- Study travel grant to help with the cost of travelling for studies either inside the UK or abroad
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships in UK Universities 2023
You must be a citizen or legal resident of a Commonwealth nation in order to apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship. If you are a refugee or a British protected person, you will still be eligible.
A minimum upper second-class undergraduate honours degree is also required (2:1). You will also need the relevant master’s degree if you want to pursue a PhD.
Finally, without the scholarship, you must not be able to pay to attend school in the UK.
The requirements for each sort of fellowship and scholarship are different. The CSC website has additional details.
The Commonwealth is made up of 56 nations from Africa, Asia, the Americas, Europe, and the Pacific. The Commonwealth nations are diverse; they include some of the biggest, smallest, richest, and poorest nations in the world.
Also Visit: Chevening Scholarship 2023 In UK | Fully Funded
Documents Required for Scholarship Application
Each candidate must prepare a full set of documents, which must contain the following:
- degrees and any recent transcripts
- Research proposal
- Personal Statement for Scholarship
- Letters of Recommendation
How to Apply
- As there are several programs that Commonwealth offers at various times. Candidates can so submit applications at any time of the year for programs funded by the Commonwealth.
- for additional information on the Scholarship. Please visit the following official website.