Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program 2022 – 23 is open now. The Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) launched an eight-category scholarship programme for international students in 1954. Students in research (144,000-145000 per month), teacher training (143,000 per month), undergraduate students (117,000 per month), Japanese studies students (117,000 per month), and others are among them.
In 1954, the Japanese government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) established an eight-category overseas student scholarship programme. Among them are research students (144,000-145000 per month), teacher education students (143,000 per month), undergraduate students (117,000 per month), Japanese studies students (117,000 per month), and others.
More details about Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program 2022/2023
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Nagasaki University
Scholarship Worth: Varies (See benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Eligibility Criteria | Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship 2022/2023
The Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship programme has different qualifying requirements based on how you apply. The scholarships can be applied for in one of three ways: by embassy suggestion, university recommendation, or domestic selection.
- Embassy recommendation: A Japanese embassy recruits scholarship winners every year (or consulate general, depending on the country). For additional information, contact the Japanese embassy or consulate general.
- University recommendation: Nagasaki University recruits international graduate students each year and submits recommendations to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology.
- Domestic selection: This award is available to privately funded international undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at Nagasaki University. Nagasaki University submits recommendations to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology each year. For further information, please contact the Liaison Center for International Education office, as undergraduate students are not always qualified.
- research students, (144,000・145000/month),
- teacher training students (143,000/month),
- undergraduate students (117,000/month),
- Japanese studies students (117,000/month),
- Scholarship awardees can also hold part time jobs.
How To Apply
To apply for this scholarship, first apply to study in Japan at Nagasaki University. To submit your application, please refer to this guidance.