Study In Germany DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships offers you the opportunity to continue your academic education in Germany with a postgraduate course of study.
Every year, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports well over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
Eligibility Criteria for Study In Germany DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships
- Excellently-qualified graduates who have completed a first degree (e.g. Bachelor, Diploma) at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- For applicants from artistic disciplines and the field of architecture, the DAAD offers subject-specific scholarship programmes: Music, Fine Art/Design/Film, Performing Art, Architecture
Duration of the funding
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme
- In the case of 2-year courses, further funding is provided after the first year of study, if your academic achievements thus far indicate that you will successfully complete the study programme within a reasonable period of time.
- If you are already in Germany in the first academic year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master’s programme at the time of application, you may apply for a scholarship for the second year of study. It is not possible to extend the scholarship.
The scholarship usually begins on 1st October of the following year, or earlier if you take a German language course prior to the study programme.
- Scholarship payments of 861 euros a month
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy