On this page, we provide information regarding the United Nations Internship Program In Arusha 2022 the Human Resources Section of the United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (“Mechanism”) invites applications for internships starting 01 August 2022 in Arusha, Tanzania. This job opening will be valid for 6 months and candidates will be selected on a rolling basis. The duration of the internship generally ranges from three months to six months. Please indicate your preferred internship period in your motivational cover letter.
|Details Of United Nations Internship Program In Arusha 2022|
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Organizations|
|Job Location||Arusha | Tanzania|
|Education||Be enrolled in a graduate|
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- Copies of university transcripts or enrolment are required (including courses taken and grades received)
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advanced course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision and direction of the Chief of the Human Resources Section, the Intern may be required to process applications for vacancies; maintain vacancy announcement files and track the status of vacancy announcements; assist in the evaluation and screening of applications of candidates; circulate weekly update of vacancies posted; follow up on reference checking; arrange and schedule interviews; provide general office support services; draft and/or process a variety of correspondence and other communications; schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines; maintain automated databases containing HR related statistics and prepare periodic reports; assist in the administration and updating of the Personnel Information Management Systems (PIMS); prepare documents for archiving. Additionally, the Intern will assist the Human Resources Administration with ad-hoc duties when necessary.
- English and French are the working languages of the Mechanism.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- No assessment is required for this position.
The duration of the internship generally ranges from three months to a maximum of six months. Please indicate your preferred
internship period in your cover letter.
Please note internships are unpaid.
- IRMCT interns are responsible for all internship-related expenses that they incur. Interns must therefore be able to cover their costs of travel, insurance, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period. External sources of funding may be available please also check our website. The United Nations accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon award of an internship, interns are responsible for securing adequate insurance coverage and are required to sign and return a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of these conditions of service.
Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or papers based on such information except with the explicit written authorization of the Chief of Human Resources of the IRMCT. Interns are bound by the same duties and obligations as staff members, and the information to which an intern has access in the course of the internship must not be divulged to external parties. Each prospective intern must sign the Acceptance and Undertaking Form to indicate their understanding and acceptance of this stipulation.
The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic background or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
- There should be no expectation of employment by the United Nations or the IRMCT upon completion of the internship.
- ALL of the documents listed below are required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Due to the number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Interested applicants must attach ALL of the following documents to each UN Careers portal application submitted
- A cover letter, including an available start and end date for the internship;
- Two letters of recommendation preferably from academic or professional referees;
- Copies of university transcripts or enrolment (including courses taken and grades received).
- Planning and Organising:
- Client Orientation:
How To Apply
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online via the link mentioned below;
United Nations Internship Program In Arusha 2022 United Nations Internship Program In Arusha 2022 United Nations Internship Program In Arusha 2022 United