United Nations University Internship Programme 2022 -Paid Internships : The United Nations University Junior Fellows Internship Program is now accepting applications for the autumn 2022 session. Graduate students from all around the world who are interested in the UN’s activities, particularly UNU’s, are urged to apply for the autumn 2022 application cycle.
The basic objectives of the Office of the Rector’s Junior Fellows Internship Program are to provide a dynamic, challenging, and gratifying experience for graduate students and young professionals. The Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole will benefit from successful applicants.
More Information about
Company/Organisation(s): United Nations University
Program Type: Graduate Internship
Program Location: Tokyo, Japan
Program Duration: 3-4 months
Available Slot: Not Specified
Basic Qualifications: Recent graduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Purpose of the United Nations University Internship Programme
The Junior Fellows Internship Program in the Office of the Rector is designed to:
- to encourage interaction and dialogue between young scholars, professionals, and UNU;
- to familiarise junior fellows with the activities of the Office of the Rector and UNU’s work;
- to provide opportunities for young professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on experience in a UN agency;
- to expose young professionals to an administrative working environment;
- and to provide support to the Office of the Rector’s activities.
Eligibility Criteria for Paid Internships
The following are some of the qualifications that are taken into account throughout the application process. Candidate name:
- is pursuing or has recently finished postgraduate studies (master’s or doctorate) in an area linked to the University’s activity (within two years of application);
- at the time of application, he or she is under the age of 32;
- must not have worked in their linked sector for more than 5 years;
- has a natural or proficient command of the English language in both written and spoken form;
- possesses exceptional research, writing, and analytical abilities;
- can build and maintain productive professional relationships with persons from a variety of backgrounds;
- Has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on knowledge of MS Office applications (familiarity with ICT tools and a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel are desirable);
- has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and, more specifically, the work of the United Nations University;
- has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and, more specifically, the work of the United Nations University.
Program Benefits of Paid Internships
- Each month, UNU Junior Fellow Interns are entitled to 1.5 days off.
- Interns are given office space and other resources as needed for their job.
- Interns are paid a monthly stipend that includes a transportation allowance to and from the UNU headquarters building.
- They are granted access to the UNU’s main library.
- They are provided complimentary gym membership at UNU’s main campus.
How to Apply
Junior Fellows are selected twice a year through a competitive application procedure. The post description and application instructions may be found at https://careers.unu.edu/o/junior-fellows-internship. Applications received after the deadline may be considered only in the following round, or the candidate may be required to reapply.
Application Deadline: May 29, 2022.