The University of Tokyo Internships 2022 applications are open. The research will be conducted remotely and discussions will be held virtually using a web meeting system
Deadline : 25 May 2022
Eligibility & Requirements University of Tokyo Internships 2022
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, an integrated Bachelor’s-Master’s degree program or a Master’s program at a university outside of Japan.
- Be enrolled in natural science or a related field.
- Be thinking of pursuing long-term career goals in a scientific area.
- Be planning to commit to the entire program period.
Upon enrolling in the UTRIP Online program, students must agree to fulfil the following requirements:
- To have a secure internet connection to conduct research remotely and to communicate interactively online.
- To participate in the project for the full program period.
- To attend all academic events scheduled over the UTRIP Online program.
- To submit written research reports within the designated submission periods.
- To give an oral presentation on the scheduled day.
Application procedure University of Tokyo Internships 2022
All required documents need to be uploaded onto the designated online application form for the laboratory of your choice. Please contact us if you have any technical difficulties.
- Application information of University of Tokyo Internships 2022
Prior to submitting your application, make sure to review the Program Details & Research Descriptions to identify if the hosting lab and its research project fit your academic background and interests.
- Personal information
You are required to state general information in your profile. As we rely mainly on email to communicate with all applicants, please include a current email address on your application and be sure to promptly respond to all correspondence. Please also note that the Corresponding Address will be used for scheduling the real-time meetings and sending a certificate of completion.
- Personal statement
Address the following topics in 700 – 1000 words in total:
- Your reasons for selecting this research project, and what you hope to gain from this experience
- What makes you qualified for the particular research project, briefly highlight your skills and experience when they are specifically required by the faculty member, or when they appear to be helpful to conduct research in the laboratory.
- Whether you are thinking of applying to the Graduate School of Science at the University of Tokyo after you graduate from your current university, citing your reasons
- Educational background and qualifications
Resume / CV
This should include your photo and in-depth descriptions of any work experience, responsibilities or projects relevant to the research topic on which you wish to work during the program. It should also list recent schools attended (high school, university, etc.) together with the year/month of entrance and completion for each, and briefly explain courses you have taken or will take as well as prizes and awards relevant to the research topic if you have any.
GPA requirement for University of Tokyo Internships 2022
The GPA Applicants whose universities provide official GPA scores must write those scores.
If your university does not provide an official GPA score, you are required to calculate your own GPA and then describe the calculation in the “Notes” section